Individual therapy (also called counseling or psychotherapy) is a collaborative process where you meet one-on-one with a trained therapist to identify and work towards personally meaningful change. Your therapist will provide you with a safe, validating, and confidential environment where you will be invited to explore your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. Your therapist will also help you gain a better understanding of yourself and others, identify areas of your life that you would like to change, and support you as you work towards personal goals.
Our therapists are trained to work with adolescents and adults (ages 13+) seeking individual therapy for a wide variety of concerns, including:
- Healing from trauma or abuse (verbal, physical, and/or sexual)
- Relationship or family concerns
- Body image and eating concerns
- Substance abuse
- Grief and loss
- Career concerns
- Identity exploration
- Sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or gender expression
- Experiences of discrimination or oppression
- Difficulties with self-esteem or self-confidence
- Stress management
If you are interested in scheduling an initial individual appointment, please call us at (515) 292-9251 or fill out the contact form here.